Psychotherapist & Counsellor
Flora is the founder and lead therapist of The Compass.
Flora’s authentic, non-judgmental demeanour comes from a genuine passion and belief that each individual or couple is unique. Journeying closely with individuals, couples and families as they seek to overcome stresses and adversities, Flora facilitates them in navigating through difficult life situations. She seeks to help each person grow and heal, manage emotions, strengthen and build resilience, enhance or repair relationships with significant others, and rebuild and reconnect in marriage.
The counselling approach used is person-centred and integrated with an individualized blend of therapies, such as Reality, Solution-Focused, Cognitive Behavioural, Emotion-Focused and Eye-Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) therapies. Flora has also completed Advanced Core Skills Training in Emotionally-Focused Couple Therapy and Level 3 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy and utilises these in her work with couples. She also has rich experience in facilitating the Torn Asunder Affair Recovery Programme for couples who are dealing with extra-marital issues, and looking to either stay in or leave the marriage.
Flora brings to her counselling practice more than 20 years of corporate experience in senior management positions. She was directly involved in talent management with a special focus on individual coaching, mentoring, performance management and career development of executive staff.
Qualifications / Accreditations
• Master of Social Science (Professional Counselling), Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
• Registered Counsellor and Clinical Member, Singapore Association for Counselling
• Accredited Prepare-Enrich Facilitator
• Accredited Taylor-Johnson Temperament Analysis® Facilitator
• Qualified Torn Asunder Affair Recovery Facilitator
• DiSC Certified Human Behaviour Consultant
• Certified Grief Recovery Specialist®
• American Counseling Association, USA (ACA) (Member)
• American Psychological Association, USA (APA) (Associate Member)
• Association for Marital and Family Therapy, Singapore (AMFT(S)) (Associate Member)
• Australian Counselling Association (ACA) (International Member)
• EMDR Association of Singapore (Member)
• Golden Key International Honour Society, USA (Member)
• Singapore Association for Counselling (SAC) (Registered Counsellor and Clinical Member)
• The International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy, Canada (ICEEFT) (Member)