The main data protection rules under the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) came into effect on 2 July 2014. This Privacy Notice outlines how The Compass Counselling Practice Pte Ltd (The Compass) will manage your personal data in accordance to the PDPA:
1. The Compass collects, uses and discloses your personal data for the following purposes in connection with the services and programmes you have applied or contacted us for, to the extent applicable:
(a) Deliver and manage all services and programmes under The Compass;
(b) Manage and evaluate all counselling cases;
(c) Produce reports required by relevant public, professional and social service agencies;
(d) Develop, design and promote new services and programmes;
(e) Publicise and communicate programmes and events;
(f) Comply with any applicable rules and regulations or requests issued by any court, legal or regulatory bodies (both national and international);
(g) Purposes which are reasonably related to help The Compass achieve its mission and objectives.
2. The Compass values all personal data shared and takes measures to protect and keep the personal data secure. Personal data that is sensitive and highly confidential will not be disclosed in the public domain. The Compass will solicit specific consent from the owner, if there is any need to do so.
3. As The Compass relies on personal data provided by you to deliver the service you requested or contacted us for, please ensure the personal data you provide is accurate and complete. You shall update us of changes in a timely manner.
4. If you provide personal data related to a third party (e.g. information on your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents), you represent and warrant that the consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of the personal data for the purposes listed above.
5. You may withdraw your consent given for any or all purposes set out in this Notice in writing to The Compass. Alternatively, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “PDPA – Consent withdrawal”. If you withdraw your consent for any or all purposes, depending
on the nature of your request, The Compass may not be in a position to continue to provide our services to you.
For more information on PDPA, please visit the PDPA website.